Well hello strangers, I’m just so happy to be back! As I’m sure you’re feeling it, life is crazy. Things have been rough, to say the least.
So, I’m really excited to share a fun lighthearted blog post inspired by National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!
So follow along (below) for my peanut butter & chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches!
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
· 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
· 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
· 1 cup peanut butter chips
· 1 scoop of ice cream (I used Vanilla bean)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.. (To get best results, use parchment paper)
2. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
3. In another large bowl, beat together the butter, and sugars until smooth and mixed together well.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix just until mixed in.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
6. Add Peanut butter chips and chocolate chips then stir, again no overmixing, just until incorporated.
7. Use an ice cream scoop or tablespoon to drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. (Note: For chocolate chip cookies, the dough needs to be chilled for best results, so stick the cookie mix in the fridge for about 30 minutes before baking).
8. Bake cookies until bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched, This is 8-10 for smaller cookies and 10-13 minutes for larger cookies.
9. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
10. Once cookies are completely cooled, lay one cookies down and scoop 1 spoonful of ice cream onto cookie. Then close the sandwich with another cookie on top & enjoy!
if you end up making this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram: Instagram.com/gypsyheartedmama 💕
I’ve connected with some amazing Bloggers to share some blogs featuring Recipes, Hacks, and more for National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Head to each of their blogs to check out what they are sharing: